KEYHOLE CARPAL TUNNEL REPAIR
Please note - Within 24 hours of your operation YOU MUST NOT:
- Drive a car or take public transport unaccompanied.
- Operate machinery.
- Consume alcohol.
- Sign any legal documents or make any responsible decisions.
- Take Paracetamol/Panadeine or prescribed analgesia regularly or as required.
- Pain should not be severe and should be relieved by keeping the arm elevated and taking the analgesia.
- There may be tingling to the fingers in the initial 24hrs following surgery if local anaesthetic was used at the time of operation.
- Gently exercise the fingers from the time of surgery and increase movement of the hand as tolerated. Moving the fingers and hand will not cause any damage to the wound.
- You can use the hand increasingly as comfort allows, but ensure that you do not lift anything heavy.
Care of Wound:
- Your hand will be bandaged and these should be kept clean and dry and stay in place as advised by the surgeon or until your review appointment.
- You should keep your hand elevated and gently exercise your fingers regularly. Avoid the use of a sling for prolonged periods.
- Attend your post-operative appointment that will be made for you prior to discharge from Hospital.
- If you do not have a post-operative appointment booked prior to discharge please call our Rooms on 9210 7278 to arrange one.
- Please call our rooms if any of the following occur:
- If you experience any problems with your wound, including abnormal redness, pain, smell or discharge.
- You develop a fever, or get hot/cold flushes.
- Your pain is not being relieved by the analgesia you are using.
- If after-hours call your GP or for urgent matters after-hours present to the Emergency Department & notify our rooms during business hours on the following business day.