General Surgeon, Laparoscopic Surgeon and Endoscopist
I treat every patient as my family member.
My practice philosophy is: Ethos Pathos Logos
Mr Sumeet Toshniwal is an experienced General Surgeon providing care at Knox Private Hospital and the surrounding areas. Sumeet can treat patients in the realm of General Surgery and has a special interest in Hernia repair and Gall Bladder surgery.
In 2013, Sumeet became a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) after completing his fellowship training through Western Hospital & Royal Melbourne Hospital. Prior to this, Sumeet obtained his Master’s in Surgery (M.S) in India.
Since obtaining his fellowship, Sumeet has worked extensively in both the public sector at Northern, Monash & Eastern Health while establishing his private practice at Knox. While Sumeet continues to work with Eastern Health he provides services privately at Knox Private and Waverley Private Hospitals.
Sumeet is highly skilled in General Surgery including laparoscopic surgery and endoscopy.
Sumeet is always available to speak directly with referrers pre- or post-consultation and is happy to take on urgent patients as required. Feel free to contact his rooms using the details above.
MR TOSHNIWAL’S SPECIAL INTERESTS INCLUDE:
- Gall Bladder Surgery
- Hernias (Inguinal, Umbilical, Incisional, Abdominal/Ventral)
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Haemorrhoid Surgery
- Endoscopy (Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy)
- Excision of Lumps, Bumps & Skin Lesions
- Ingrown Toenail Removal
Sumeet is a people person with a sincere sense of empathy. He prides himself on his personable nature and communication skills which carry through from referral to post op for his patients and referrers. His treatment plans are tailored to the patient’s needs and wishes. Should patients prefer, Sumeet can provide consultations in Hindi as well as English.
- Management of Gallstones with Laparoscopic surgery
- Management of Groin Hernia Operation with most advanced minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery.
- Management of other abdominal wall hernias, like umbilical or incisional, both laparoscopically and open
- Acute surgical emergencies.
- Management of Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy
- Management of complex pilonidal sinuses
- Management of Haemorrhoids (Piles), Anal abscess and fissures.
- Management of Acute appendicitis both in adults and kids
- Same day minor procedures for lumps and bumps
- FRACS 2013
- Post Graduate Diploma in Anatomy 2010
- Master of Surgery 2001
- MBBS 1996
- Knox Private Hospital (Consulting & Operating)
- Waverley Private Hospital (Operating)
- Eastern Health
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- American Hernia Society Conference Washington DC 2016
Knox Private Hospital
262 Mountain Highway
Wantirna, VIC 3152
Waverley Private Hospital
Mount Waverley, VIC 3149